NYC to Philly to Chicago to LA –
This was written while in-between cities, listening to PEOPLE ARE STRANGE by the Doors –
The conversations that you overhear while waiting for you flights at the airport are priceless! Honestly, I love it! People from all walks of life, and all over the world, converging in one area to get SOMEWHERE….Anywhere. Do you ever wonder where they are from, what they do, or how they met? Have you and I passed each other in one of these corridors or waiting areas?
Every once in a while you meet someone who you can’t seem to shake and fills you with inspiration. For me, it’s been happening a lot lately – being inspired, that is! Is it because I’m at a place in my life where I am welcoming it with open arms? Or maybe it’s the extremely cathartic experience with the reality show that has opened my eyes to so much more. Who knows.
On my flight from Philadelphia to Chicago I met the most amazing person. His name was Ellis. It wasn’t his handlebar mustache, sleeve of tattoos, toothless smile, or cigarette stained breath that caught my attention, but instead, his eyes that were filled with history, wonder, and experience. Underneath the rough exterior, there was something very pure and approachable about him. After a few minutes fiddling around in his seat, Ellis shared that this was his first time flying…..ever! He also just got his first cell phone and in conversation, asked me what an Angelina Jolie was? Honestly, it was a breathe of fresh air and I had an arsenal of questions I wanted to fling at him. Needless to say, the 3 hour flight felt like 3 minutes and I now want to own a Harley, ride through South Dakota, sleep on an Indian reservation, lose my cell phone for a while, and reconnect with the things that really matter. But not all at once! I’ll skip the part where he told me I should taste Bear at some point in my life. Oh, and a rattlesnake doesn’t taste like chicken. It tastes like rattlesnake! I became the little kid I once was and listened to every story that he had to tell. Even though Ellis and I were for two different walks of life, I was inspired….
10 Other things and thoughts that kept me entertained while waiting for my flight:
- Man Boobies
- Janelle Monae and her band!!!!! (love them!) Download TIGHTROPE if you haven’t already.
- Girl who was having a burping contest….with herself!!! Seriously!
- Whoever invented airplane neck pillows must be a wealthy man or woman!
- A fan of TRLW came up and shared her story with me! Was awesome and so nice to hear her thoughts on the show.
- Reading Stamie’s TIFI’s! Check them out on our site! Funny stuff!
- I’m currently having IPad envy and might need to get one.
- I’m dating someone with three children!!!!! Sorry – it hits me every once in a while! (And I miss them!)
- Is a fanny pack more or less cool if you wear it on your hip instead of in the front of your body?
- I’ve got the Travel Bug!!! Where should I go next??